Friday, December 18, 2009
Jessie had a little concert at her school. They sang three Christmas songs and then the favorite song of the class. The first video is "Rulodph the Red Nosed Reindeer" and the second one is called "Watermelon Pie."
Joseph had a great concert too, but I wasn't able to get a good enough video at his. We did get to go to his class afterward and have cookies and juice though and that was fun.
Friday, November 27, 2009
Grandma B. sent us a fun recipe for Pilgrim hats so we spent some time making these delicious little treats to start our evening off just right.
For entertainment while we waited for the chocolate to harden we video taped the kids singing songs. This is one of their songs. While we DEFINITELY do NOT proclaim to be the Osmonds or the Vontrapp Family Singers we sure had fun performing!!
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Jessie got exactly what she wanted for her birthday, a dalmatian (even though it isn't real) and the Hannah Montana cd. She danced with the high school cheer leaders to a song on the cd and she wanted it sooo bad. I think the kids listened and danced to that song 10 times that night.
Here is Jessie wearing the new ski goggles Jeremy bought for her. Could she be any closer to the TV? I don't know what the kids will do when we actually get the TV up off of the ground!I think she stayed there like that for about 15 minutes. She had some nice goggle impressions when she did finally take them off:)
When your kids are in the bathroom for a long time and you're not sure why...they could be wrapping each other with toilet paper to make mummies! Jessie came running downstairs and told me to bring the camera because she had made Janie a "mommy!" When I saw her I just had to laugh. She was wrapped more than this, but by the time I snapped the shot she had lost some of her rags!Joseph stuck this bunny in Jace's jacket tonight to entertain him while we were eating dinner and asked me to take a picture. Jace was quite happy with that bunny there. I had a hard time getting a picture because he was jumping around like a crazy man!I don't know how I got them both to smile so big at the same time, but I am in LOVE with those two little toothless grins!!!
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Sunday, November 1, 2009
A description of the costumes: Jessie was Alex Russo from Wizards of Waverly Place, Jace was a monkey, Joseph was Dan the Bakugan Battle Brawler, and Janie was a "Mad" witch. Every time we'd tell her she looked cute she said, "I'm a MAD witch!"
The bat painted on Joseph's face wasn't a part of his costume it was done at a little carnival at Jessie's school.
The best comment of the night: "Mommy, my feet are cold, my hands are cold, my head is cold, my eyes are cold, my nose is cold, my mouth is cold. All of me is freezing!!!"--Joseph
Monday, September 14, 2009
A shot of the little guy one day when we went in to eat lunch with Joseph.
Here is Jace sleeping in his bed here at our TLF. His bed looks an awful lot like a bathtub don't you think???? Then when anyone needs to use the facilities they have to walk across the street to the BX! This is definitely an adventure!!
Joseph at his desk on the first day of school. He was so excited!!
This was the day we went in to eat lunch with Joseph in his classroom. They don't have a cafeteria so this was a new experience for us!
We went on a beautiful nature walk at a place here where the cranes migrate and this is what the kids looked like after 1.5 miles of walking. Joseph would've been in there too if there was room!
On our drive up here to Alaska we stopped on the side of the road and wrote our name in the rocks. This was actually on Janie's 3rd birthday!! We had breakfast that morning at the hotel and they brought her a cinnamon roll with a candle in it. Here we are by our name somewhere on the AlCan!
That was a lot of pictures. More to come and hopefully a bit more organized at a later date. We might be moving in to our house this week!!!
This is the cake that Joseph wanted. He loves skateboards and thought it would be cool to have them on his cake.Joseph listening as we all sang Happy Birthday. Getting ready to blow out the candle.
After the party we drove out to Fairbanks to do some shopping and three of the four kids fell asleep in the car, which tells me that they really did wear themselves out.
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
1. I LOVE to sing so much that I've even contemplated trying to make in the the Country world. I'd also LOVE to sing for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir one day.
2. I thoroughly enjoy drinking milk with a few food items in particular. Bacon and milk, Hot Tamales (the candy) and milk, and Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream with milk are all to die for. Really it is just the creamy milk taste in my throat with the residual bacon, hot tamale, or mint choc.chip ice cream flavor that I can't resist.
3. I am quite in love with working out. I enjoy working up to a race and I actually enjoy running them with friends. It is one thing that really makes me feel ok about myself and a HUGE stress relief for me.
4. I am a total steak and potatoes girl. You place a big juicy steak in front of me and a grilled chicken breast and I'll ALWAYS go for the steak. YUM!!!
5. I have this crazy weird thing that I can't leave my house unless my kids' hair is done, hair bows and all. I have many friends who joke around with me about my girls' hair and how it always has to be done. I can't stand it in their faces.
6. My idea of a great weekend is a good book, puppy chow (a yummy chocolate and peanut butter treat) and good company. Well, maybe a nap would be good too.
Alright, that is all I have for now. For the six people I'd like to tag....there are many really, but here are six of them.
1. Allison Scherer-This way I'll be able to see a new post on your blog:)
2. Michelle Boyd- I know you've done this sort of thing before, but humor me.
3. Lisa Mumford- You are only trying to move, don't you have time for this??????
4. Julie (Andrews) Bahr-Now that you have a blog you get to do bloggy chain letter type things too!
5. Natalie Howard-When you have a good day and are feeling up to it you can do this. Maybe AFTER you have the baby.
6. Jodi (Messina) Alley-You always have so many fabulous secrets up your sleeves:)
Thanks Maria, that was fun. I learned some fun things about you too!!!
Monday, August 3, 2009
Saturday, July 25, 2009
Saturday, July 11, 2009
I was able to get here to Tacoma just in time to run the Sound to Narrows with a couple of friends. We didn't really run too fast since two of us had 3 month old babies at the time, but we did it, we ran the whole 7.5 miles and it was so much fun!!
We'll update again after we make it to Alaska.