Sunday, November 1, 2009

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

We experienced our first COLD Halloween ever!! We took the kids trick or treating in the car. We'd drive up to a house, jump out, knock, get our candy, and run back to the car and drive to the next house. It was quite a site to see that everyone else was doing the same thing. We'd drive up to a house and three cars behind us would stop at the same house. A whole crowd of kids would all go up to the house at the same time. I have never been trick or treating when it was just 3 degrees, but now I can say it wasn't too bad. We only visited about 10 houses, but the kids had fun anyway. I think next year we will dress up as Eskimos. The kids had hats, gloves, big jackets and so much snow gear that you couldn't even see their costumes anyway.

A description of the costumes: Jessie was Alex Russo from Wizards of Waverly Place, Jace was a monkey, Joseph was Dan the Bakugan Battle Brawler, and Janie was a "Mad" witch. Every time we'd tell her she looked cute she said, "I'm a MAD witch!"

The bat painted on Joseph's face wasn't a part of his costume it was done at a little carnival at Jessie's school.

The best comment of the night: "Mommy, my feet are cold, my hands are cold, my head is cold, my eyes are cold, my nose is cold, my mouth is cold. All of me is freezing!!!"--Joseph

9 comments:

allison nadauld said...

They are so darling. Three degrees? Ouch! At least it went faster and they ended up with less candy.

Michelle said...

Such cute costumes!! That is definitely a COLD Halloween. Ours was colder than usual, but definitely not that cold!! I am so glad that you guys had a fun time!

Dianna said...

Did you make it to Santa Claus's house for trick-or-treating? I bet he had GOOD treats!
As usual, I miss you. Stay warm!

The Bahr Diaries said...

Great pictures! The kids costumes are great and I can't believe how big Jace is getting. Geez amiga, where does time go?

Natalie said...

Awwww.... now I miss you guys even more! What cuties! Give my Janie a hug, okay? That sounds too cold for my liking! You are a trooper, Makell. I probably would have bought some bags of candy and had a party at home. Hey, I still need to see pictures of your new house. Call me soon!

Angela Draper said...

Brrr! I got cold just reading about your Halloween. Your kids are adorable and we had so much fun having Jeremy over for dinner a while back. Too bad you weren't there too :)

Allison Scherer said...

Your kids are so lucky they have brave parents who were willing to brave the elements. Janie keeps looking more and more like Jessie's twin everytime I see her.

Jodi said...

What a memorable halloween for you. Love the air Jessie is getting in that picture. Cute costumes.

Johnson said...

That's a crack up! We can't relate because we were sweating on Halloween. Seriously, we can't dress up in any costume that requires a lot of material.