Saturday, July 11, 2009

Trip to Seattle

Well, we've been here in the Seattle area for almost a month now and we are just about ready to get on the road to Alaska. I've been trying to take lots of pictures and thought I should post a few on here. We've been trying to get out and do something fun each day so the kids don't get stir crazy inside. We've spent time at the pool, the zoo, the children's museum, Mt. Rainier, MANY parks, and much more.
I was able to get here to Tacoma just in time to run the Sound to Narrows with a couple of friends. We didn't really run too fast since two of us had 3 month old babies at the time, but we did it, we ran the whole 7.5 miles and it was so much fun!!

We'll update again after we make it to Alaska.
Erica, Tiffany,and I just after the race.

Jace checking out the JC Penney sale.
Uncle Cam surprised us and came home for the Fourth of July. Cam and Janie
Janie and Isabella playing in the sand at Sunnyside Beach.
Joseph at swim lessons
Jessie at swim lessons. When she floats with her face in the water she thinks she is scuba diving. It is pretty comical.

Janie and Bella deciding whether or not to go back into the water at the spray park.

9 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm so glad you guys are making the most of your "layover". I'm a little in shock that they even have outdoor pools in WA! I think I only ever knew of 2. GREAT JOB on the run! I'm so proud of you! You look fantastic too! Best wishes with your race!

Lisa said...

Ummm, I meant to say, best wishes with your MOVE, but best wishes with your race to...whenever that may be :).

MaryAnn said...

Auuugghh I can't believe you guys are moving to Alaska - crazy! Every time Ed tries to convince me we (meaning I) could live there he uses you as his evidence. :) It certainly would be fun to live by you again...

Everyone looks so big (except you of course, you look great)! Miss you guys!

skye said...

It was so good to see you the other night! Good luck on your move to Alaska! And keep the blog posts coming! :)

Natalie said...

Wow! You are already running races, huh! Great job! It looks and sounds like you are all having a fun summer. I hope the trip to Alaska goes well and that you find your dream home quickly! Miss ya!

Shaulan said...

Makell, you look amazing! Congrats on running a great race! Can't believe you guys are moving to Alaska! Keep sending posts so we can see what you're up to!

Jodi said...

So it looks like there is a little bit more to do there than there is to do in good ol' Altus! Glad you guys are having fun! Enjoy the trek to Alaska.
I miss you girl!

Ash said...

You guys look so happy! Congrats on your RACE! that's AWESOME! Makell, we miss you here! I can't wait to see your house and hear about your life in Alaska! Keep the posts comin'!

Dani Dooley said...

I need to check your blog more often, I had no idea you were in town. I would have loved to have seen you. Great job on the Sound to Narrows!