Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Kids say the Craziet Things!

I have two things I have to post just real quick. I don't want to forget the funny things my kids say so I'm putting them on the blog. I think this might have to be my new journal. Can you imagine my grandkids reading this instead of my real journal? They would probably think we had a perfect life and that I was the most mellow, coolest mom ever!! I'm beginning to think it might not be such a bad idea.

Ok, so when I want to express strong feelings about something positive I'll often add the phrase "I can't stand it" to the end of my sentence. Ex. "I love you so much I can't stand it!" or "You are so cute I can't stand it!" The other day Jessie and I were at Wal-Mart (did I mention that Wal-Mart is just about the only store here in Altus?) and I saw this cute little patriotic dress that I just loved. I was looking through them to see if there was one in Jessie's size and I guess I kept making comments about how cute this dress was and how much I loved it when Jessie said, "Can you stand it, Mommy?" I guess they really do hear and take in much of what we say!

Last night we were putting the kids to bed and Joseph asked Jeremy if he would sleep on his bed for a little bit. Jeremy said that he couldn't for some reason. Jeremy is much nicer at bedtime than I am (the kids don't even ask me to sleep with them, they know they'll hear a whole list of everything I still have to do) but Jeremy will often lay in there for a few minutes with them.
I was in the office and I kind of heard Joseph fussing a little but didn't think much of it. When I went into the family room he came out of his room with tears in his eyes and said, "Mommy, Daddy kind of broke my heart a little bit." I asked him why and and then he proceeded to tell me that he wouldn't sleep with him. Ok, so that wasn't at all dramatic right? I still ended up in bed with him and in five minutes he was out. Maybe he was a little too tired!

3 comments:

Sue Boyd said...

What a morning brightener! They DO say the craziest things. Ask Jeremy about "wimp abuse"! Love you ALL!

Teresa said...

I LOVE to hear the cute things kids say! Thanks for sharing those. Vicki and I were talking the other day how you just can't script or write anything quite as funny as what their minds think up. I am a big believer too in writing them down or these jewels are lost forever.
Gorgeous family picture by the way!

MaryAnn said...

Oh, that breaks my heart a little too. :) Ed is the same way, Kimmee always asks if he'll lie down with her - they don't bother asking me. They also don't ask me for a bite of my food...I'm seeing a trend...

Love the stories!