Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day!

We had a busy Memorial Day weekend here at home. We bought a swing set/ jungle gym for the kids and this was our chance to put it up. We started it and worked for about 10 hours on Saturday and then we (Jeremy) spent two or three hours this morning. We have nice tans from being outside all day in the 100 degree weather. We did decide that 100 degree weather here is nothing like Okinawa, even with the humidity here it is still cooler than the Okinawan heat.

Joseph decided today that he wanted to help out with the (nearly completed play set) so we let him hammer some stuff and put a couple of screws in. What a hard worker.

Here is my bug (I don't know how that name stuck, but it really has. Poor girl probably thinks her name is 'Bug.') She just loves climbing up the ladder and hanging out in the fort. She fell off the slide this morning and hasn't quite decided to attempt going down again yet.

Joseph and Jessie played outside today for at least two hours without interruption! This is a major breakthrough in the Boyd household. They always need new things to do, one of us to play with them, snacks, or something of the sort, but NOT today!!! They had more fun than I have seen them have together in a while. I hope it lasts for at least a week.

We had to go to Wal-Mart this afternoon to pick up a few things and Joseph said he wanted to go with us becuase he wanted a new toy....Jeremy and I looked at each other and could hardly believe our ears. After all of our hard work and many hours of labor he wanted a new toy???!!!! HELLO!!!!! You have a play set outside! I'm sure we had a small glimpse of what our parents felt time and time again when we were growing up. I had one of those moments where I said exactly what my mom used to say to me that I swore I would NEVER say to my children! R-I-G-H-T!!!!

Here is a picture of our Memorial Day picnic! The kids eating granola bars at the little picnic table. Growing up we always had wonderful picnics with everything you could imagine (except the salt because someone always forgot it) so it is funny to me that my poor children are eating just a little granola bar with no tablecloth, no drinks or anything else for that matter. Look how much fun they are having though, they think this is the best picnic ever! That is why I love children.

The last shot of this entry. The finished product. Come to Altus and we'll let you swing on it!!


2 comments:

Dad said...

We loved the new family blog. Keep them coming it makes us feel like we are there with you when you are so far away. Love ya Mom and Dad.

Angela Draper said...

How fun that you are blogging again! I am excited to follow your family. I think me and the kids will be coming out to visit Rob in August. We will have to get together then!