Thursday, April 2, 2009

Our Little Man!!

It certainly has been a LONG time since I've updated our blog. I do have some fairly good excuses for my absence though. First of all, our hard drive crashed and I have been patiently waiting for our new hard drive to be formatted and so forth. Secondly, Jace was born and so I figured that blogging could wait a couple of weeks. Ok, no more excuses. I'm back with a couple of photos of our little man.

Jace Gardner Boyd was born on March 15, 2009. Weighing in at 8 lbs 1 oz and 21 inches long. He has been a remarkable baby so far. People ask me how he is and I feel really weird saying he is a great baby because he hasn't really been around too long and it could all change very soon.

Poor child #4. I think we have 1000 pictures of Joseph in the first few days he was born. We probably have a few hundred of Jessie, we have a bunch of Janie and we have about 15 of Jace. Daddy is definitely busy with the other kids and doesn't have nearly as much time to photograph our little one. I, for one, am thankful that he is so busy with the kids because it REALLY helps me out and I'm pretty sure Jace won't be too upset about it. Maybe we'll snap a few more shots in the next couple of weeks.

Here is Grandma G. holding Jace the day after we got home from the hospital. I guess he was 2 days old in this picture. We sure are grateful for Grandma. She has played and played and played with the kids, done LOADS of laundry, cooked meals, and a million other things each day!
One more shot of the little guy. We sure are glad to have him in our home. The kids love him and are so good with him. Jessie wants to hold him every single day and has become quite the little babysitter. Joseph is as sweet as ever and very protective of his brother, and Janie.....we're keeping our eye on her!!

11 comments:

Tender Mercies said...

Makell! He is darling... congrats!

Dianna said...

I figured you had either had him or you were setting a new record for gestation length. :-) Thanks for posting and letting us meet this darling little guy! Boyd Family of 6...WOW. Congratulations Makell. I'm glad #4 is such an angel so far! Love you!

Katherine said...

Makell! I knew the rumor was true! Congrats on the arrival of your sweet baby. He looks just like the rest of them... that's a good thing.

skye said...

Aww, he's adorable! Congrats, Makell and family!

Ash said...

Congratulations! I'm looking forward to watching him grow up for the next couple of months!

Bunch of Brooks' said...

Wow, girl, I didn't even know you were pregnant. Congratulations Makell!! Jace is an awesome name, I love it! Cherish him as much as you can. Briar is already 8 months old and I don't know how it's possible. Having it be our last I'm really TRYING to enjoy it, but I'm SOOO busy that sometimes time just goes on without me!!

Natalie said...

Can't wait for some cuddle time with baby Jace! When is Jaine going to come over and visit? We are going through Jaine withdrawals here! I love the girls singing the song. Super cute!

smiles said...

Cute...Cute..Boy! I know what you mean about taking pics..we haven't taken nearly enough of Alexander...actually, I haven't even sent any pics. out yet, I guess I should. Congrats again...can't wait to meet him this summer! love you, Tiff=-)

Michelle said...

Oh Kell! He is precious! Congratulaions! You will have to let me know how 4 is. Still wondering if we will venture there. I hope you are feeling good and he is growing!

Katie said...

Makell,
He is so cute. I am glad that #4 is a good baby. Congratulations.

Angela Draper said...

Congrats! I've been wondering when this baby was coming. He is darling! Enjoy your little man :)