Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Soccer

I have been on the road for some time now and finally had a chance to make it home and to one of Joseph's soccer pratices. I of course took the camera. What father would not? Ok, none of the other fathers had their cameras, but that didn't bother me. But then again things like that don't.

The real question is, what DOES bother Jeremy?

So, Jessie and Janie and I have been going to Joseph's practices without Jeremy for the last month and it has been such fun to watch him and the team play. Joseph is enjoying soccer more than he enjoyed baseball.

Now that Jeremy is here we have some fun photos of Joseph in action.

This first shot isn't really Joseph in action, but it is VERY important to document that he does have moments when he TRULY listens and pays attention to the person in charge!

The next couple of shots are pretty self explanatory, but fun to see him with both feet off of the ground. I really like this next shot the best. The coach was trying to teach the kids about what happens when the ball is off sides and for some reason Joseph got to throw the ball in (I wasn't really watching that part of the practice because I still have Jessica to keep in line and she was following a big caterpillar, which she informed me, was going to turn into a cockroach!).

Today was team picture day. Everyone showed up early, in uniform, and had their photos taken. It was so cute to see the girls on the team with their hair all done and their big smiles. Jeremy took the photos so I have a couple of Joseph's individual shots to put on here.

This first one is the ONLY one of about 30 where Joseph wasn't making some crazy face. Kind of reminds me of his Uncle Cam:) I can't believe how grown up he looks. What a cute little man.

This next picture, and the last one for this entry, is one of Joseph being his typical self. Just a goofy, fun-loving kid. I'm only putting it on here because I think it is funny. There are more that Jeremy has taken that he'll probably put up on the website in a few days.

Anyway, the weather here in the evenings is pretty nice. It is in the 80's with a fairly nice breeze most of the time. I am reminded of why we love it here and it makes me a little sad to know that we are leaving right now when the weather is so perfect. I remember going to Allison's soccer practices and games growing up and everyone freezing, with blankets, hot chocolate etc... and I am glad that we are here in Okinawa at least for this soccer season.


4 comments:

Lynn Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynn Family said...

Sorry had to delete that last comment...typos due to unforseen little fingers! But we just wanted to say that Joseph looks great...a total little Jeremy! I can't wait until Micah shows interest in sports. It's all spiderman right now!

Wendy D said...

I'm kinda slow at getting on to this 'blogger' thing, but WOW! Thanks for these great pictures of the family.

I appreciate being able to somewhat keep up with all your goings on. It just tickles me to no end to see your family blossom into such cute and colorful people.

And it's really only October 2nd, at 13:50 hours!

Please know that you are loved and appreciated by a Salt Lake City family!

Wendy

lrbodine said...

Hi! I just found your page through Jeff and Michelle's and was reminded of those many years ago of working at that mortgage place in Orem, UT with you and Allison. How are you?! Your kids are darling.