Friday, May 15, 2009

Soccer Season

Joseph has had a great soccer season this year. He is the biggest one on his team and has quite a boot on him!! Once he kicked the ball from out of bounds at one end of the field all the way into the goal at the other end of the field. We were all pretty excited to watch that ball go in the net!


It has been quite a windy, rainy, cold soccer season so the kids and I have spent much of our time in the van while Joseph has weathered the game alone. I told him one night that I had to stay in the car with Jace because he was just too little to be out in the weather, but I'd still be cheering for him. He said, "that's ok mommy, I know that even if I can't hear you, you are still cheering for me." I thought it was such a cute comment and a great teaching moment. We need to remember that even though we can't always hear our Father in Heaven, He is still always cheering us on out there on our playing field.

Stay tuned for T-Ball!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Those are some great action shots! Joe :-) is quite the little athlete! WE are all going to miss the Boyd family!

Kennedy, Brexton, Sadie, Dallin, Jumper said...

We sure are going to miss you guys. You have some wonderful kids and your not to bad yourself.

Lisa said...

Great action shots Jeremy! Way to go Joseph!

Rainy Day Farm said...

Wow! Joseph looks like he is quite the soccer pro! We will have to have a little game when you guys get here. Addison & Logan love to play soccer. Hope the packing is going ok! See you in a few weeks.