Friday, September 5, 2008

The First Day of School

What an exciting day for Joseph and Jessie!! The first day of school! This was actually a few weeks ago, it isn't so new anymore, but they are still enjoying it (thank goodness)! Jeremy was able to go with me to drop the kids off. Jessie's school starts 10 minutes earlier than Joseph's this year so we got to visit her school first and then his next. Look at their sweet, happy little faces!

Here is Jessie in her little classroom with her teachers Mrs. Wood and Mrs. Wanda. I'm not even sure she said goodbye to us that morning, she just ran into the room, smiled for a picture and ran straight to her seat! I hope she'll always be like that with school. Wouldn't it be GREAT??!!!

Joseph loves, loves, loves his teacher!! She is great. She is so calm with the students and explains things in such an amazing way to these kids. I can't believe my little boy is in the first grade!

Did I mention that this was an exciting day for the kids? It was exciting for me as well!!! Janie and I didn't even know what to do with ourselves when we got home from dropping them off. She just kept asking me, "Mommy, where's Jessie?" "Where's Joseph?" In fact, she still asks me everyday after we drop them off where they are. We've had lots of time to play blocks and do some fun things just the two of us!!!

2 comments:

Sue Boyd said...

What a great idea for teachers to do the first day! I agree with you Makell, that all days are exciting and wonderful and kids love getting to go and be with their friends and know that they are loved! Oma

Michelle said...

What a fun day!! Oddly enough, I miss school. I am sure that the day Lydia starts will be fun and exciting and yet tearful and sad all at the same time! Thanks for the cute photos.